I’m lucky enough to get to use my talents in giving back to the community, helping animals, which is something I find very fulfilling. Below are a few of my ongoing projects and favorite regional animal related non-profits. Please contact me for more information about these efforts, or to request donations of photography or services for your rescue or shelter.
- I have fallen in love with photographing wild horses, and with the wild horse preservation movement. There is something incredibly thrilling, and humbling, about seeing and photographing wild horses in their own habitat. I give recurring donations to American Wild Horse Preservation, and will donate a minimum of 10% of sales of any prints of my wild horse photography to them as well. Here are two recent photos of wild mustangs in the Onaqui HMA in Utah.
- I have volunteered my photography skills with a variety of community organizations over the years, for example Horses for Healing, a wonderful equine therapy organization in Auburn, CA. I take event photos, marketing & website photos, and help document the work these organizations do.
- I also contribute to, and occasionally foster for, one of my favorite dog rescues, NORSLED, an all-volunteer organization specializing in rescuing northern breed dogs such as huskies, malamutes, etc. I adopted my own dog Luna as a puppy by their sister organization.
- I consult with and contribute on an ad hoc basis to shelters and rescues needing assistance with force-free behavior modification, program design, or staff/volunteer training.
- I am a proud member of the Pet Professional Guild Association for Force Free Pet Professionals and adhere to their guiding principles.